Have you been involved in a serious accident that left you with a long road to recovery? Has an accident due to someone else's negligence left you with permanent or long-lasting injuries and astronomical medical bills? You may not have considered what a personal injury attorney can do for you, but the truth is that an attorney may be the answer to these devastating consequences.

When might a personal injury attorney be necessary? Here are just four incidents where you may be required to hire an Addison area personal injury attorney:

Car accidents: Each year, tens of thousands of people are killed as the result of motor vehicle crashes, and millions more are injured. The aftermath of a car accident can be difficult for one person to handle, given that there are car insurance and health insurance companies to deal with. If a head-on collision, semi truck accident, or a crash with a driver under the influence has left you injured, then you may need a personal injury lawyer on your side.

Slip and fall injuries: Slip and fall accidents that occur in public places rank among some of the most common injuries in the U.S. While anyone, of any age, can have a slip and fall accident in public, older adults are especially prone to such incidents, which can mean months of recovery or even permanent damage. If you or a family member is among the one in three older adults who fall each year, make sure you work with a reputable personal injury attorney in Addison, Schaumburg, and other surrounding areas.

Workplace accidents: When a worker is injured on the job, that incident often results in a worker's compensation claim to pay for medical bills and offset the costs of lost wages. But if an employer refuses to pay, or if there were other workplace safety issues at play that caused the incident, then working with a personal injury attorney may be necessary. If you were injured on the job, be sure to seek an Addison area personal injury attorney who also handles workers compensation cases, who can work with you to get you maximum compensation from your employer.